The entire staff at Palisades Tennis Club is known as the real leaders in the tennis industry. The staff is divided into several divisions: front desk operations, court directors/match arranging personnel, administration, activities, food service, and a group of independent teaching professionals who reads like a list of who’s who in Orange County tennis.
Robert Van’t Hof
• NCAA Singles Champion while attending USC – 1980
• ATP World ranking achievements
• #24 in Singles
• # 20 in Doubles
• Pro coach for Lindsay Davenport & Todd Martin
Robert began his tennis journey when he took his first tennis lesson at age nine. Shortly thereafter Robert became immersed in the sport and formed his tennis skills under current owner, Ken Stuart, until age 16. Robert has traveled the world as an accomplished tennis professional on the major ATP tour and as a player coach. As a professional player, he won a total of two top-level singles titles and six tour doubles titles. His best singles performance was at Wimbledon, where he reached the fourth round. His career-high rankings were World No. 25 in singles, and World No. 20 in doubles. Foremost among his many accomplishments has been in the role as professional tennis coach to world number one Lindsay Davenport and several other top-rated pro players.
Robert operates the premiere Pacific Coast Tennis Academy at Palisades Tennis Club. The year-round youth program has had participants that include high school standouts, CIF Singles Champions, and numerous NCAA Division I and II collegiate players.
• Collegiate player Cal State Fullerton
• Sectionally and nationally ranked
• Twenty-five years teaching experience
• Member – USPTA
Without a doubt, Billy is the most energetic tennis pro we have on our staff. He is usually heard before he is seen dishing out directions to his students on Court 1. His clinics and private lessons are fun, fast-paced with a strong emphasis on match play. Billy enjoys teaching adults as well as kids at all skill levels. His love of the game is infectious and everyone has a good time on Billy’s court.
• Singles and Doubles Champion
• Wimbledon Quarter-Finalist
• NCAA Doubles Quarter-finalist
• Member – USPTA
• Operator and manager of Penn League Tennis
Dave has a soft easy going style all his own. Dave has won numerous championships in singles and doubles throughout southern California, the United States and internationally. Dave also teaches private, semi-private and group tennis lessons. He has been a teaching professional since 1980 and has left a very long list of lifetime successful students throughout the years.
• Two time CIF Singles Champion
• Two time All-American at USC
• Round of 16 in Singles at Australian Open 1977
• Round of 16 in Wimbledon Doubles 1977
• Member – USPTA
Dick is one of our most popular tennis professionals. His experience as a player and instructor speaks for itself. Dick’s numerous credentials include Head Tennis Professional at the Los Angeles Tennis Club, Monarch Beach Tennis Club in Laguna Niguel and the Racquet Club of Irvine. Currently Dick serves as one of the coaches of the varsity men’s tennis team at the University of California, Irvine.
• #1 player at University of Arizona – 1962-1966
• Ranked top 3 in Northern California in 1963
• Spent 3 years on tour playing at Wimbledon, the French Open and the U.S. Open in 1971 and 1972
• Ranked #1 in the U.S. in Men’s 45s by USTA in 1993-94 during which he won the U.S. National Grass Court Championships in Philadelphia
Robyn’s lifelong passion for the game is obvious when he steps into the club and onto the court. His long resume of championships as a junior and well into his adulthood is inspiring to competitive players. Robyn spent many years bringing tennis to his community first serving as Director of Tennis at the Newport Beach Marriott for 33 years and now teaching here at Palisades Tennis Club. One lesson with Robyn and you’ll leave the court with the same fervor for tennis that he has instilled for decades.